Saturday, May 31, 2008

Marriage, Rock and Gays

So I was talking with my Spaghetti friend and my bud's mother the other day. We were discussing arranged weddings and cultural pressures to marry certain people. It is pretty freaking amazing how dumb this stuff is.

Like I can't imagine meeting my bride for the first time on my wedding day. Imagine being wed to a complete selfish bitch and being stuck with her for the rest of your life. No wonder this world is such a violent place. If you had to go home every night to a complete stranger, who you hated and they hated you, wouldn't you want to go shoot up the establishment? I would.

But thats not even the worst side to it. I think whats worse then being married to a complete stranger (*note: "Married to a Complete Stranger" would make a excellent TV show idea*) is not being able to marry someone who you want to. Like after all these years of bad dating and wasting time you find the perfect girl but she can't spend the rest of her life with you because her religion or ethnicity. Like give me a freaking break, thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Is religion suppose to spread happiness, joy and love or prevent it?

So while I'm walking home that night, I'm thinking about what that must feel like to have someone who you want to marry and they want to marry but you can't. It was then I realized that this happens all the time to homosexuals. Their side of the argument Is there two people who love each other and want to spend forever with each other but are not allowed, so it's that same feeling. I started thinking why there not allowed and how its a religious reason. So I began thinking from the view of the church. And the first think that came into my mind was The Rock and Roll hall of fame.

Like the church, the Rock and Roll Hall of fame has been around a while and was founded with the purpose of preserving a certain set of beliefs to ensure they were not lost in time. The Rock and Roll hall of fame was set out to protect blues based rock from being lost in mix of new music and forgotten. While the church was founded to protect morals and beliefs from being corrupted. Both also enjoy making money(what? I just compared the rock and roll hall of fame to the house of god, I'm already going to hell for that alone).
Now recently the rock and roll hall of fame had been a interest of mine because of one lady, Madonna. Madonna has been recently induced into the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Upsetting every blue rock fan out there. Just like gay marriage being allowed by the church. So it's basically the exact same thing.

So the question is, Should Madonna be allowed in the rock and roll hall of fame, despite never playing that sort of music? And shouldHomosexuals and Lesbian's be allowed to get married? Both go against the original plan but what is better, Evolving with the changing times or staying to true to the original plan?

I certainly do not know.

-brett
the fat flamingo

No comments: